Anyone added a tee fitting on their liquid line?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenixs4r

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a different way to bottle my kegged beer thats actually convinient. Currently, I have the bowie bottler, and due to the height of the faucet, it's actually a pain in the ass. It's a great system, it just doesn't work the way I set my faucet system up

I was thinking of adding a tee fitting to both my liquid lines and running quick connects on each side of the plastic tee fitting in my tower (Picture below) That way if someone wants a beer I can hook up a bottling contraption of some sort when I want a beer in a bottle.

Currently, I'm running 10' liquid lines, and the beer pours slow, but no foam at all, so if it's a little bit of turbulence it would be fine. Has anyone tried this? Results?

IMG_20121104_193440.jpg

I wouldn't do that... IMO, you're better off just bottling when needed with something like a [Blichmann] Beer Gun. I also have the Bowie Bottler setup and am using it less and less, compared with the Beer Gun. For one thing, the o-rings in the Bowie fitting get cut really easily and it's super hard (for me) to tell the two sizes apart. Plus, with the Beer Gun, you can purge the bottle with CO2 before you fill it up. :rockin: I've also found that I like using swing top bottles more than pop-top bottles (same as I did when bottling each batch). Faster to seal them means they retain the carbonation easier. No more need to hit the keg with more CO2 before bottling to offset the loss.

I would be more concerned about cleaning the T fitting, and what goes after it, between kegs. You'll be increasing your cleaning/sanitizing time/effort for each change. Then there's the increase in places the lines can leak. I just see it as more trouble than it's worth.

Back