Splitboil or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phishkid02

Reaction score
So ive decided to do biab as a precursor to mashing. I can get my strike water of 7 gallons to the mash temperature but when i attemp to boil its weak. If i sit the mash into 2 vessels i can get a good boil. What should i do!!??

Did that very thing last night. However, don't underestimate your boil-off like I did. Today I need to add water because my gravity is too high.

I have the same issue when making beer stove top. Last weekend I did a two vessel boil, and was pleased with the process. I put all my hops in the larger kettle to simplify the processes and the hop utilization equations. As it got toward the end of the boil I combined the two pots to measure volume.

Can i add extra wort from the initial pot after some has boiled off? Seems like there should be no problem with that or am i mistaken

Can i add extra wort from the initial pot after some has boiled off? Seems like there should be no problem with that or am i mistaken
Sure. I've done that and it worked fine. If you can boil both pots you get to a point that you can combine them sooner.

Latest posts

Back