• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anyone want to convert pin locks to ball locks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brooklanebrewing

Reaction score
Sorry this is a double post. (Not very fond of my computer)

------------->
I got a good deal on some ball-lock kegs that were converted from pin-locks. I already run a pin-lock system and would like to convert them back to pin-locks.

Just wondering if anyone would like to trade keg posts. Basically you would get a new in and out post for each set. I have 4 sets. Since these are essentially new i would be looking for similar condition pin-lock posts (leak free poppets and good o-rings).

These are made for pin-lock kegs so i'm not sure if they would fit on ball-locks.

Thanks

I'm interested. I have 3 pin-lock kegs that I have yet to use because I tend to use the ball lock ones. I've pressure tested them so I know the poppets are good. I could hook up some qd's and check the o-rings to make sure they're good too.

Since I don't know too much about pin lock kegs, are all of the posts interchangeable? I know posts for ball locks aren't (Corny, Firestone, etc.). My pin lock kegs are all old Coke ones.

A note of caution.

If these are like the "CornyKeg Pin/Ball Lock Conversion Kit"
http://www.cornykeg.com/catalog.asp?prodid=682504
then it seems they might not work for Cornelius brand pin lock kegs.

I'd be happy to be wrong tho since I have 2 Cornelius brand pin lock kegs that I'd like to convert to ball lock. (So please let me know if there's a solution for me other than trade.) :)

I posted in your other thread, the guy above has 3 sets and I have one set. So let me know if you want to trade. Thanks.

Sounds good drocu and JRems. i was thinking i would send them out in one of those small flat rate boxes or a padded envelope depending on what is cheaper.
If you guys want to sent me your address in a PM i can reply with mine. I actually have beer in two of the kegs so i will have to do some transferring.
I also have one set of ball lock QDs. one has a flared fitting and one is barbed. i'd potentially be looking for a set of flared fitting QDs if someone wanted to trade those as well.

Thanks

Sounds good drocu and JRems. i was thinking i would send them out in one of those small flat rate boxes or a padded envelope depending on what is cheaper.
If you guys want to sent me your address in a PM i can reply with mine. I actually have beer in two of the kegs so i will have to do some transferring.
I also have one set of ball lock QDs. one has a flared fitting and one is barbed. i'd potentially be looking for a set of flared fitting QDs if someone wanted to trade those as well.

Thanks

Let me check out my kegs later tonight. I haven't had an opportunity to do so.

And yeah, if this works out well, I do have a pair of flared pin lock QD's that I wouldn't need.

Edit: Never mind, my pin lock kegs are Cornelius brand so these adapters won't work. Sorry that I can't help you out.

All my pin locks are idle, so if anything falls through let me know via PM.
I do have a extra set of flared/barbed QD's that you welcome to trade if this happens.

Thx.

Back