First brew in a while..missed every number possible

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Brewed a batch of beer today, first one in a while. made the centenniel blond which I have made several times before. Started out with having to sub out light Munich malt for Vienna.... Hit the mash temp ok... started out with 6.5 gallons because I boil off 1.5 gallons per hour... ended up with 4.5 gallons ( must have had the burner cranking better than usual) that was SUPPOSED to be 1.039....ended up 1.050. I have some bottled spring water... should I just roll with it or pour in a half gallon or so of the spring water? I am not gonna boil it first however if I do so there is that.

Either add the water and it'll turn out like you wanted, or just roll with it and end up with a stronger beer. There are no bad choices here.

If you got an infection from bottled spring water I'd be shocked.

With a blonde, I'd probably add water, but I'm sure it will be fine either way.

brewed again today ...90 minute boil.. only 2 gallon boil off and I had it ROLLING hard.. BUT I still hit my OG even with a gallon over.. My efficiency must have been affected by the 90 minute mash and very very slow run off.

Latest posts

Back