peach white grape wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_al

Reaction score
my wife doesn't like much wine but i picked up this peach/white grape at walmart juice for the kid, i had her smell and taste it and said how about a wine?

she said yes so i have a sample batch going, but i'm wondering how much acid blend to add, i'm still new to the game and learning how things effect taste.

my recipe is
2 gallons of walmart white grape/peach juice
2 cans of welches white grape
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1/2 tsp of tannin
1 1/2 tsp of nutrient
1/2 tsp energizer

enough sugar to bring it up to 1.100

i used half a gallon of the juice for a starter and cotes de blanc yeast, i figured it will dilute that 1.1 down a bit after i add the starter and topping up will knock it down a bit more.

i only used a starter because i read the welches white grape concentrate again and saw contains sulfites, i didn't see sorbate on the list any where, i checked a few times but hey. starter wont hurt any ways...

but back to acid blend, how does 2 tsp sound? other recipes use between 1 an 1.5 tsp per gallon so i figure 2 tsp is at least safe?

Well I went with 2 tsp. I can add more to taste later when I learn how it should taste lol.

1 Gal Welchs/walmart White grape peach juice
1-1/4 lbs granulated sugar to desired
2 tsp acid blend
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutrient
Cotes Des Blancs wine yeast

Back sweeten at end with same juice reduced to 1/2 volume

This is a 1 gal recipe so scale accordingly. It is really popular at this house

Awesome I'll start a gallon of this as well.

Same juice reduced, Do you simmer to reduce?

Same juice reduced, Do you simmer to reduce?

Yes, I put in a pot and simmer down to about 50% volume. It may take more than 1 bottle when you back sweeten, depending on your wife's taste. I generally shoot for 1.018 - 20 If I remember correctly Welchs is around 1.055 out of the bottle

Also wine yeast doesn't need a starter, just pour in the pack, fermentation should easily start within 24.

I currently have 3 gal fermenting that I added 1lb of golden raisins to for a little more body.

I made 18 Gal of it last year, and working on first 3 this year. So no yeast killers in there.

Nope no preservatives just juice, water citric acid and vitamin c.

I was over thinking my recipe and should have just skipped the welches frozen concentrate. I will add some more acid blend though.

It's fermenting along nicely. I have about 2.5 gallons after the sugar and concentrate.

I should have just done 1 gallon to start but I have a bug right now and just had to make more lol.

My wife likes sweet and I like dry so in the end I can do a gallon of each at least.

well its been racked once and i should really get in their again and stabilize it so i can sweeten it soon, we have been very busy and all i have had time to do is top up the air locks.

I am interested in how this turns out. I have a white grape peach wine that is 2.5 months old now and I have back sweetened it already. It is at 1.01 gravity and is already really good. Difference in mine from yours is that I used fresh peaches but no acid blend. The rest is proportionally the same just about lack stating gravity of 1.07.

Yes the welches white grape peach, was my best wine to date. Suprised the ingredients , mostly apple juice

my best sofar of my few attempts has been a strait up apple sweetened to 1.008 with aj concentrate its around 10.5% and sneaks up on people. I hope to make this just as good if not better with the flavors.

Back