bottling/labeling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulshine

Reaction score
So I have my beer kegged and know (or I should say, have learned) that I need to refrigerate the keg and bottles before bottling using a beer gun to bottle.
I'm guessing a label will not stick to a cold bottle, right? So any suggestions?
**And even more importantly. Once I bottle the beer they have to stay refrigerated? I want to give them out to some friends but that will require letting the beer get warm (room temp) again. Will this skunk the beer?

As always...thanks.

Getting the beer warm won't do the beer any harm. I use plain old Avery labels. I fill the bottles and cap. I then dry most of the moisture off of the bottles with a towel and apply. They stick just fine.

skunking comes from light not getting warm. Unfortunatly most of my beer is currently sitting in boxes at room temprature, I havent noticed any huge isues, although i would perfer to have them in a celler.

I have used shipping labels and i have used hot glue, either will stick to a cold bottle (i store mine in the freezer before i fill them) if you wipe off the moisture.

Back