muscadine variety - need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a muscadine variety called Precious and also one that a friend of mine calls Strawberry. It is supposed to taste like strawberry but does not remember where he got it from. Can anyone help me locate these? I have also heard of one called Majesty that is a cross between Supreme and Truimph, that is supposed to be a really big grape with excellent wine making and fresh fruit applications.

I am looking to purchase a muscadine variety called Precious and also one that a friend of mine calls Strawberry. It is supposed to taste like strawberry but does not remember where he got it from. Can anyone help me locate these? I have also heard of one called Majesty that is a cross between Supreme and Truimph, that is supposed to be a really big grape with excellent wine making and fresh fruit applications.

I just did a quick look and your Precious variety may be a hard find. If your friend is local to you, why not get some standard muscadines planted this fall and do some bud grafting off of their vines? Would be an easy start on known good varieties. Also remember that you'll need male and female plants on those.

GTG

I came up with the same results like you today. I spent most of the afternoon trying to locate a source and was unsucessful. My friend is local and I might just go and air layer a branch. Same thing with the Strawberry one. Pollinators - I have 2 Isons and a Cowart now and will be adding Pineapple to the mix this year.

Latest posts

Back