North Cali

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santo

Reaction score
hey guys going up north cali (san diego to san francisco) in the next couple of days. will try to hit a couple of breweries, any suggestion or recommendations will be great. also looking for good places to eat. - thanks

Make the drive north to Santa Rosa if you can, Russian River. Also Faction in Alameda.

There are some great places to visit in San Fran! 21st Amendement is a must as well as the Monks Kettle-has a huge beer selection! For food I would go to The Stinking Rose...it's a garlic restaurant and it is AWESOME! Highly recommended it!

Cellarmaker brewing in SF is my favorite. Lived here for 5 years, save time by not driving up to Santa Rosa (drunk driving isn't fun). The Toronado in the Haight always has Pliny and Blind pig on draft. The Monks Kettle is a great bar with awesome food, as is Mikkeller Bar. Magnolia brewing in the Haight also has great pub food and English style beers. Cheers!

Wow. So many places so little time. I hope to go to as many as I can. - thanks

Are you headed straight to SFO in a day or do you have plans to stop in places already? I can think of at least 3-4-5-10 places within a 15-30 minute drive from myself.

Make the drive north to Santa Rosa if you can, Russian River. Also Faction in Alameda.

+1 ^ for Russian river

In downtown SF:
Local brewing company (really good)
Cellarmaker
21 st amendment
Thirsty bear brewery
Speakeasy
Triple voodoo brewery
Anchor brewing
Mikkeller

Back