Pale/Blonde Ale Recipe for beginner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suhornet84

Reaction score
So I just bottled my first porter from a hopped LME kit. I'd like to move on to a DME pale or blonde ale 5 gal. recipe next and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas. Here is what the local brewshop has in terms of light DME (which isn't much), yeast and hops:

Pilsen light and Golden light DME (1 lb bags)

Liquid: Califonia ale, irish ale and german ale yeat
Dry: Windsor and Nottingham

Fuggle, Cascade, Willamette, Hallertauer, Kent Goldings and Kluster (1oz pellet and leaf)

I'd like to keep it simple since this is only my second brew. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Look for "Centennial Blonde" in the recipe archive. There is an extract version, I believe.

Also consider EdWort's Haus Pale Ale for a more heavily hopped pale ale that's very nice.

Any suggestions for a Pale Ale with these ingredients available? I couldn't find an extract version of EdWort's Haus Pale Ale.

You could try my Firstblond recipe in my dropdown menu. Just sub out the perle hops for cascades, there is also another recipe in that post that would work fine also. It does include steeping some crystal 20, but thats pretty easy.

Back