• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED - Belgian Bottles - Baltimore/Washington DC Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetSmooth

Reaction score
If anyone just happens to have any corked Belgian 750ml bottles lying around you can't wait to get rid of, please let me know. I have a Belgian Golden Strong that's a few months out from bottling and I'm trying to collect some up so I can carb and package to style. :p

Sure, I can probably buy them empty, but I'd rather recycle some old ones if I can so I only have to buy maybe one case rather than two.

What would you want for them? As long as they're cheaper than buying a case of new bottles and the shipping is comparable, I might hit you up if I find myself in a bind here. ;)

not belgian, but certainly corkable.... i actually have a bunch of 750mL browns that are crown cappable (all DFH bottles).

lemme know.

Jetsmooth, if the shipping trade doesn't work out with pjk and you don't mind driving down to DC, check out http://www.meridianpint.com/. It's a bar in the Columbia Heights neighborhood, they have a 'Bombers for Brewers' program, basically give their corked 750s to brewers every Tuesday instead of recycling to be more environmentally sustainable.

PJK, Hold on to those, if you would. As I get closer to bottling (and my spendin' money recovers), I'll contact you. ;) I can definitely see a deal working here.

dcbb, Ditto. And you're close to me, so we should grab a beer sometime anyhow.

dcHokie, Oh wow! That's cool to know as well.

THIS is why I love this forum!

for you dc/bmore'ers... there's a new joint in mt. airy (of all places) call the mt. airy inn. they have kill the keg nights on thursdays, where they sell pints for $3 to get them offline. we're not talking garbage here... i had a southern tier creme brulee imperial stout last night, and chatted with the mgr for a good 30 mins. they're passionate about good beer, and their tap selection reflects that. killer affordable menu too.

sorry for going OT :D

web site is kinda basic right now, they're working it. here's the current tap list:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...MUJ2ZG4yUk1SUXZWbWF4WFh4TlE&hl=en&output=html

they'll pour pints, half pours, snifters, samples, flights, etc. GREAT place.

I guess I know where I'll be having lunch every Tuesday for the next few weeks. ;)

pjk, I'll probably still hit you up for your bottles, depending on how many I get.

DANG! You weren't kidding about Meridian Pint! I just took a quick Metro ride over there and came back with two bags full of corked Belgian bottles. 25 total! Plus the 12 I bought for $25 from a guy on Craigslist and the few I've collected from drinking and I'm set to bottle my Belgian Golden Strong!!

Now, these are gonna need a nice, long soak in something strong. They are NARSTY!

Back