How to stabilize co2 pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bd2xu

Reaction score
I have a 4 tap Keezer, 5 lbs co2 bottle inside, dual regulator (can set two different psi deliveries), each goes to a 2 way splitter. This way I can have two beers at one pressure and two at another. I set my psis, check back an hour later and stable, check another day or two later and one may have gone way up and another way down. Is this common? A couple beers got over carbed this way... Brand new regulator so don't think that's it...

It's common for it to creep up a couple psi over the first day or two, but once you adjust it it should stay steady. Anything else is not normal. If the pressure creeps up rapidly, it means it's a bad reg or something in the diaphragm. This is actually not uncommon, even with a new regulator. There's a post every couple days where somebody's new regulator isn't working properly.

I've never heard of the pressure dropping "way down" though.

well i'm goign to try to keep it simple for a few days, just try to keep all 4 kegs (two PSIs) at or around 10 PSI. My keezer is at 40 degrees so for most styles 10 or 11 PSI should be good. Right now everything is right or over carbed so I'm going to shoot for a little low.

If the beer is overcarbed and you don't have check valves installed (or the check valves aren't working 100%), the gauge will show an increase in pressure from gas coming out of the beer.

JuanMoore said:
If the beer is overcarbed and you don't have check valves installed (or the check valves aren't working 100%), the gauge will show an increase in pressure from gas coming out of the beer.

What are check valves? I'm using standard ball lock kegs and a dual gauge regulator.

Ok it has these. Little red levers that release pressure right next to the psi gauges.

Back