India Pale Ale in Chesapeake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Accoustiknoyz

Reaction score
Hi all. Just joining the group so as to share experiences and learn. I'm in Chesapeake Va and renewing my interest after taking a long down time. It seems I had luck only about half the time and after maybe 10 brews put all my stuff away. I began again with purchase of some new stuff to keep from too much sanitizing and brewed a EDME English IPA (I like 'em hoppy). I didn't bother with a blow off tube and opted for the airlock and on the first night it blew off! Well here we go again!.. I saw so much activity I figured the CO2 blanket would keep it sterile so boiled some water, made things clean again and put the airlock back on. The fermentation quickly subsided so now there's no activity and it's been only a few bubbles on the sides and no bloops from the airlock. Hoping all will be ok.

Welcome bro...
You should be fine. My last batch was a Dogfish Head 90min. IPA clone, and I didn't use a blowoff tube either...
5-14-07002.jpg

5-14-07001.jpg

After that, I DID!!!

5-14-07003.jpg

It's kegged now, and pretty damn good IMO!!! All turned out great!!!
Yours should be fine!!!

:mug:

Thanks David, I shoulda thought to take a pic! Well there's still no bloops but a few tiny bubbles around the rim...so I guess I'll let it go a while. It's been goin since 6/3.

Back