brewed first batch ever on saturday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermebaby

Reaction score
I brewed from a kit (true brew IPA) My question is. How much action should i see coming from my air lock? Right now I am getting some discharge about every 30 sec or more. was wonder if this is normal?

Congrats on your first brew, may many more follow in quick succession! :ban:

There are a zillion variables that might, or might not, be able to predict if your activity is normal or not - but the only thing for certain is that you DO have activity, and that's great! 98% certainty that everything will be just fine - keep it cool, let those yeastie critters do their thing. Chances are, if you used dry yeast, that they are about finished with the active part of their job, but leave your fermenter closed for the next few days, they'll be finishing up.

Check back and let us know how it's going, and SKOL!

:mug:

My first 3 batchs i used dry yeast and every one of them i saw no action in the airlock, each batch turned out fantastic. What I did see was a bunch of tiny bubbles clinging to the side of the airlock, that clued me into the fact that something must have happened. Wait until you brew a wheat beer with liquid yeast..............get yourself a blow off tube.

Happy Brewing

Reverend

Back