Very Limited Hops, looking for help finding an extract recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vorsicht709

Reaction score
So I was going to do an extract version of Edworts Haus Pale that someone sent me a year ago (I was on brewing hiatus while I was in germany) however there seems to be no Cascade hops where I live.

Esentially Im looking for a fairly easy extract recipe with a grain addition. Heres the kicker the only hops my Brew store currently has is Hallertau, Herzbrucken, Perle, and willemet. Im not to concerned about what type of beer, just a good session beer.

This is my third beer, the first one was tasteless, the second was insanley hoppy (I added waaaay to much hops) Im looking for a nice middle ground.

Can anyone help me?

This is my third beer, the first one was tasteless, the second was insanley hoppy (I added waaaay to much hops) Im looking for a nice middle ground.

Plug your recipe into one of these:
Beer Calculus . homebrew recipe calculator
The Beer Recipator 2.2
TastyBrew.com | Recipe Calculation

Generally, if your IBUs are about half the gravity points, you'll have a balanced beer. i.e., 25 IBU in a 1.050 beer is a 0.5 BU:GU ratio. It helps if you already know the AA% of the hops you're getting.

Back