Carbonation levels for beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choguy03

Reaction score
I have been looking around, but I can't seem to find anything. Is there any list of typical CO2 levels for different styles beer? I want a list ( I thought I saw one on here before, but no luck) that will steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance guys.

I may be mistaken, but don't the BJCP style guidelines list the CO2 levels for each style?

*edit: I use beersmith for co2 levels, in a recipe once you have chosen the style, it shows the volumes spread for that style and how much dextrose to use to achieve your desired volumes.

Hmm...too bad Pro Mash doesn't give me that. I looked through their styles and nothing about CO2. Damn.

Pale ales are between 2.3 and 2.8 volumes, for a 5 gallon batch between 3.9 and 5.3 ounces of dextrose.
Kolsch is 2.4 to 2.8 volumes, 4 to 5.3 ounces of dextrose.

When I make ed's pale ale I carb to 2.4 volumes or 4.16 ounces, never made the kolsch

Back