Craigslist find..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a steal, but a good price. Depends if the carboy has any chip, if the ic is a homemade version or a nice smooth machine made.

milldoggy said:
Not a steal, but a good price. Depends if the carboy has any chip, if the ic is a homemade version or a nice smooth machine made.

Carboy is in immaculate comes with handle... Immerision chiller looks to be homemade... But has hose attachments and is in good condition.

Then the deal is "meh". Not a great deal for either the buyer or the seller.

A new carboy is $25ish. A new wort chiller is $50ish. Used, I would think I would pay less, but copper is expensive.

Yooper said:
Then the deal is "meh". Not a great deal for either the buyer or the seller.

A new carboy is $25ish. A new wort chiller is $50ish. Used, I would think I would pay less, but copper is expensive.

Still a Meh purchase even though theyre going for $45 altogether?

In my opinion it's an okay deal. The reason I say "okay" is because you can get 20ft of copper, 1/2'' - 10ft of vinyl tubing and a faucet adapter for about 25. A used 6 gallon carboy in good condition usually shows up around craigslist for 20-25 bucks. In total it's about the same thing but you didn't have to do any of the work. Plus, you didn't get ripped off or anything like that so you shouldn't worry!! You got a good deal, a deal most people pay double for! FYI - in Boston new 6 gallon carboys go for like 40 dollars. New immersion chillers like 60!!!! crazy...

Anyways, hope it goes well!
Saintdog

Latest posts

Back