Schematics for Brew Stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigirishape

Reaction score
Anybody have, or know of a spot to download schematics for a brew stand?

Preferably in a common file format openable by Google Sketchup. Looking for either a 3 tier (tree) stand or a 3 tier (step) stand...if you have one for a flat stand, I'm game for that too. I've found someone local who can weld a stand for me for the cost of mats, but I need a schematic to calculate materials, and I honest-to-God suck at Sketchup and drafting in general.

Help?

*edit* meh, I should have put this in the DIY Forum...

It really depends on your equipment if you already have some. Are you using a cooler? a HLT? what size is your boil pot?

There is no one size fits all brew stand so you really need to build it around what you already have. If you don't have equipment then there are plenty of them based on keggles

Also what features are you looking for? Tippy dump, propane/NG/electric, how many pumps and what kind, hard piping vs tubing, wheels, built-in chiller and what kind, etc.

Either 3 tier (tree) or 3 tier (step) type stand. Gravity feed that I can convert to pumps at some point. Using Keggles for HLT and BK, 70qt rectangular cooler for MT.

I've settled on using the Unistrut construction in some of the other builds I've seen, but not sure of dimensions.

I drew mine up in MS paint (I suck at sketchup, too). Mine was single tier. So I laid it out on the floor with masking tape to be sure all my kettles would fit the dimensions I thought they would. Measure twice, tape once, then cut. Also, build it to accommodate what you have plus at least two sizes larger. This is my second stand. I learned not to underestimate my future batch sizes the first time around. Also, if you are having it welded for you, imagine whatever you might want on there and have it done the first time. I had to go back and add a burner support, windscreen, and replumb the gas when I decided to direct fire my kettle instead of have it insulated. Changes are expensive. Good luck.

Brew%2520Stand%25203.0%2520Upload.JPG

Back