Aging my newly bottled beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billk911

Reaction score
Where is the best place to put my beer after it has been in the bottles. My upstairs closet will run about 66-68 degrees and my wine cellar in the basement runs about 55 degrees. Which place is better to put those new bottled beers? By the way, it is a english brown ale extract.

I would put in you closet at 66-68 to prime. Once carbonated and properly bottle conditioned (when it tastes good), move it down to your wine cellar for long term storage.

Keep in mind that it probably will take longer than than the typical three weeks to prime if you keep the bottles at 66-68F. It may be more like 4-6 weeks, but no one can really tell. Do not move the bottles down to the cellar until you confirm that you have the carbonation you want. Enjoy!

TL

A good rule to follow is 3 weeks at 70. Longer for bigger beers of course. Your closet seems just right.

Back