The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told my wife I would have certainly left him behind if he couldn't keep up, but I would never intentionally disable him. Afterall, he did provde cover for Shane so he could get out the window. I'm thnking that incident is going to mark a big shift in his character.

My wife HATES the whore wife and gets angry every time she is on screen. It bothers her to no end that she turned whore so quickly. We tried to figure out how long it could have been based on Rick's condition and no one bringing him water as he sat in that hospital bed after the "apocalypse". Maybe a month? Probably not even. She gave her sh*t up pretty quick. We both hope she dies a horrible death ;)

I told my wife I would have certainly left him behind if he couldn't keep up, but I would never intentionally disable him. Afterall, he did provde cover for Shane so he could get out the window. I'm thnking that incident is going to mark a big shift in his character.

My wife HATES the whore wife and gets angry every time she is on screen. It bothers her to no end that she turned whore so quickly. We tried to figure out how long it could have been based on Rick's condition and no one bringing him water as he sat in that hospital bed after the "apocalypse". Maybe a month? Probably not even. She gave her sh*t up pretty quick. We both hope she dies a horrible death ;)

LOL...

Since I don't have cable I watch a live bootleg stream on Justintv, and there's an accompanying chat with the show, and that is the general consensus of almost all of us watching. Whenever she comes on screen the invectives begin.

But are they going to ever get off that section of the freeway? The show has really been pretty boring since the season began, the hospital scene was the only truly interesting part of the last 2 episodes.

Most of the characters have moved off the freeway but they're hanging back in case the little girl wanders back onto the road even after having no access to food and water for a few days. If they ever do find her alive, it better be with another small group of survivors.

What's up with sticking to the crappy beat up RV? Why wouldn't you grab a bus and fortify the windows so that you can withstand an attack?

Most of the characters have moved off the freeway but they're hanging back in case the little girl wanders back onto the road even after having no access to food and water for a few days. If they ever do find her alive, it better be with another small group of survivors.

What's up with sticking to the crappy beat up RV? Why wouldn't you grab a bus and fortify the windows so that you can withstand an attack?

I mentioned that on another forum and it turned into a ridiculously long debate.

A lot of people were arguing that you would drive vehicles you knew and could fix easy. I find that to be BS. I would be driving brand new vehicles, the probability of break down would be far less.

Probably one in ten of the vehicles they pass on the freeway would be better than the RV. Fix my ass, I'd be commandeering whatever was the next best thing in the area if the radiator hose blows.

I thought the very topic of zombies required the suspension of disbelief immediately. Presupposition: The dead are walking and otherwise acting like they are not dead and for some reason they still have a metabolism even though their organs have failed. It's basically magic and you just accept it. Everything else from there is built around this fantasy.

I know it sounds funny but I like when "fantasy" fiction tries to make the elements believable. I wrote a book involving a time machine and I spent a ton of time trying to make the time machine believable. I just find that so much more interesting than "it works, let's move on."

They already made it clear that the zombies need to eat. They can't possibly be getting enough food to last forever without canabalizing themselves (like the zombie in the tree in the latest episode). If they just ignore this "fact" and keep moving along, eventually it will become "unbelieveable".

Kind of like the farmhouse that seems to be in a different world by the way. Anyone else wondering why no one seems to be have a care in the world there?

Kind of like the farmhouse that seems to be in a different world by the way. Anyone else wondering why no one seems to be have a care in the world there?

Not to mention running hot water and electricity. I didn't see any solar panels!

I had just assumed they were running a backup gen. I don't know how many days supposedly passed since widespread epidemic, but it's conceivable that they have a large LP tank. I do find it odd that they'll just sit around on the porch rather relaxed. That's a big house with a lot of big windows and I didn't see any boards.

Did you hear them ask, "did you lock the gate behind you"? That better be some frickin gate.

Yeah, there's definitely something "too good to be true" about the Doc and his group...and not just the having power and water.

I keep thinking about those folks in Cormac McCarthy's The Road, who kept the "long pork" in the basement. Or the ones who had the woman with the baby had her give birth and then ate it.

It's not just the zombies who are going to be running low on a fresh meat supply at some point.

Or they keep their zombified relatives in the barn or something.

Or they steal young girls and he has sex with them to propogate the human race.

Read a large portion of the comic, just started watching the first season on Netflix. Only one episode in and it's pretty good. I know it deviates from the comic after a bit so we'll see how it goes.

Yeah, there's definitely something "too good to be true" about the Doc and his group...and not just the having power and water.

I keep thinking about those folks in Cormac McCarthy's The Road, who kept the "long pork" in the basement. Or the ones who had the woman with the baby had her give birth and then ate it.

It's not just the zombies who are going to be running low on a fresh meat supply at some point.

Or they keep their zombified relatives in the barn or something.

Or they steal young girls and he has sex with them to propogate the human race.
The doc is the guy on the farm right?
one of your statements is true.

I thought the very topic of zombies required the suspension of disbelief immediately. Presupposition: The dead are walking and otherwise acting like they are not dead and for some reason they still have a metabolism even though their organs have failed. It's basically magic and you just accept it. Everything else from there is built around this fantasy.

I have put thought into the zombie thing and i have imagined it like this. If a super virus was developed to create zombies than it would be a mix of rabies and either its a a virus or a fungus that certain ants get that makes them climb up a plant and bite onto a leaf until they die (It was on animal planet one time)
But this new season of walking dead has gone out of its way too be dramatic and the zombie genre is supposed to be about ( to me) kill kill kill survive.

I have put thought into the zombie thing and i have imagined it like this. If a super virus was developed to create zombies than it would be a mix of rabies and either its a a virus or a fungus that certain ants get that makes them climb up a plant and bite onto a leaf until they die (It was on animal planet one time)
But this new season of walking dead has gone out of its way too be dramatic and the zombie genre is supposed to be about ( to me) kill kill kill survive.

toxoplasmosa gondii infects mice and makes them do things like hang around cats so the parasite can reproduce in the cat's intestines. A couple of mutations and bam! zombies.

Ya Revy thats what i told the guys at work " One Dang zombie the whole episode" lol
Also on the virus mutation ideas front I thought about this at work.
When I was a kid my grandparents would cook snapping turtles and you could blast their heads off and they would still strike at things with their heads blown off.
To clean them out before cooking them you throw them in a big barrel of water and without a head they will walk circles for days still alive and finally when You cut them up. You can take their hearts out and hold them in your hand and they will keep beating for several minutes afterward.
With my limited knowledge of gene manipulation in plants(from documentries on netflix)The way they modify plants is by attaching desirable DNA to the e-coli virus because the virus can enter the nucleaus of a cell without damaging it.
SO rabies virus or even a moltov cocktail of virus segments with dna attached from turtles or leeches or any long list of things that Shuts down a human brain to basic primal survival.
Think about it.
I better go stock up on 12 Gauge buck.

The Walking Dead type zombie is far from a mutation. I think the closest thing would be The Crazies. Look at how fragile the human body is. It's curious to speculate what could happen to allow even basic functions without any blood.

I didn't watch this past Sundays episode untill Monday, Maybe all the Zombies walked into other various wells... they should change the name to the walking rednecks and have them all meet up with the folks from Jericho :rolleyes:

No offense to anyone reading this if you indeed are a redneck.

I hate having to post this part but spoiler alert!

So here's the question. Shane or Rick? Whoshyourdaddy?

It's a TV show so nobody is 100% sure of the timeline but it seems like it's borderline. Shane or Rick is the daddy.

I told my wife I think it is Shane and that there's a reason why she knows that, like Rick can't have kids anymore/ever for some reason. They kept playing up the "Father" thing for him in this last episode. Maybe he's not the real father (adoption, in vitro... whatever). I know I'm going out on a limb, but if there was a chance that it was her husband's, she would just play it off. For some reason, she knows that it isn't.

Overall, I'm disappointed with the last few episodes, and I am REALLY pissed about what they showed in the coming attractions for this week (I won't say it just in case, but you would know if you saw it).

I told my wife I think it is Shane and that there's a reason why she knows that, like Rick can't have kids anymore/ever for some reason. They kept playing up the "Father" thing for him in this last episode. Maybe he's not the real father (adoption, in vitro... whatever). I know I'm going out on a limb, but if there was a chance that it was her husband's, she would just play it off. For some reason, she knows that it isn't.

Overall, I'm disappointed with the last few episodes, and I am REALLY pissed about what they showed in the coming attractions for this week (I won't say it just in case, but you would know if you saw it).

Yeah, my money's on Shane too. I didn't think much into all the paternal references at the time with Carl being hurt, but Rick does seem to dwell a lot on what kind of parent he is, even outside of that situation.

In all, I've been a little underwhelmed by this season. Too much drama, not enough action, and I'm coming to the realization that I dislike/am annoyed by far more characters than I like. Still waiting to see what kind of dark secret Herschel and his family are holding out...because let's face it, there has to be something going on there.

......................maybe...............

*SPOILER*(I guess)

A barn full of zeds? Maybe the old fart has sex with them.;)

I figured it was either that or they are eating them...

But more than likely it's just their kin that they can't bear to just kill, so they banish them to the barn.

You are probably right.

One lesson learned from this last episode: In the event of a zombie apocalypse, I am going to walk around with a box of condoms taped to my forehead.

I was thinking that the "Doctor" is trying to come up with a cure or something like that and he's using them as test subjects. The family idea makes sense as well.

this show was really good the first season but now im finding it to just plain suck. i didnt see last nights episode but lets hope it was better than the rest

Just want to put it out there that it could well take a team of professional crime-scene cleaners to get the stank out of any of the vehicles someone had died in by that point...

I mentioned that on another forum and it turned into a ridiculously long debate.

A lot of people were arguing that you would drive vehicles you knew and could fix easy. I find that to be BS. I would be driving brand new vehicles, the probability of break down would be far less.

The last 2 episodes were GREAT IMHO.

Experiments........hmmm..........he is only a veterinarian, remember.

this show was really good the first season but now im finding it to just plain suck.

I haven't watched all of last years episodes, though I agree the new season is basically a bag-o-suck so far.

Every new episode is the same as the last one: waste 30 min of the show with crappy love story drama, 2 min of killing zombies, and another 13 min watching the morons hurt themselves. Anyone with half a brain could fare better than these idiots. I like watching people kill zombies just as much as anyone, but having to watch these characters do it is just plain frustrating.

Edit: Spoilers!

Last two episodes annoyed me..Lori's 'situation'...and possibly the most badass character IMO was shot :( I want them to find Sofia already!

I figured it was either that or they are eating them...

But more than likely it's just their kin that they can't bear to just kill, so they banish them to the barn.

My thought was the same..maybe they think a cure will be discovered and they don't agree with killing them just yet.

A cure for dead? I could see hoping for a vaccine to prevent the bite transmitted infection, but how do you "cure" someone who's been rotting for two weeks? I'd even flip it... what they have IS a cure for dead.

Back