Water Report - Detroit (actually Macomb), MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisoneguy

Reaction score
I just got this in my email today.... How's my water? Thanks in advance!

feb 2012 mineral analysis.jpg

I'm going to have to play with your spreadsheet for awhile to figure out exactly what to do. Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, Detroit water is pretty good for beer.

Get yourself some gypsum, calcium chloride and acid (I use 88% lactic), and you can make all but the palest beers.

Somewhat related, Ypsilanti Community Utilities Authority has archived water reports for those of us that have Detroit water.

Since our water source is 'runoff' from Lake Huron and the Detroit River, it's interesting (to me anyway) to see how the mineral totals change as the season changes.

Thanks for the link! I wonder where all of those pdfs are coming from... I'm supposedly on the "mailing list" for the Lake Huron plant, and this is the first report I've seen in months!!! I'll have to compare the reports from the SW plant to the Huron plant.

I won't have much time to brew for about a month, but I want to start thinking about water chemistry as I move forward.

Latest posts

Back