Ommegang tour was great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
Made it up to Oneonta/Cooperstown yesterday/today. We went to Old Slugger in Milford (a nice little local brewery worth checking out) when we got in to town yesterday as we missed the last Ommegang tour by 5 minutes!

Nevertheless, we got to Ommegang today and it was a great tour and tasting. Knowledgeable guide, nice tasting room, samples of their mustards and cheese with pretzels, and six of their tasty brews too.

The whole brewery was quite nice- giftshop, the actual brewery (smaller than I imagined), the employees, etc.

What impressed me though, which I did not expect, is how picturesque their setup is. The countryside, the "farmhouse" design of the brewery itself... not a bad place to spend a few hours.

I highly recommend the tour if you are anywhere close to Cooperstown!

FYI they also have a Scotch Ale coming out soon... they just bottled it up and have to wait a couple weeks for it to condition before they distribute it. They had two bottles out I tried to purchase, but no go. So be on the lookout for that.

My wife wants me to take her up there when her pregnancy is over. I went about three years ago and loved it. They definitely do have one of the most beautiful surroundings of any brewery in the country, definitely any I have been to so far.

Latest posts

Back