Odd Corny Lid-WTF?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
I have 10 corny's, all Cornelius or Spartanburg, IIRC. All in nice looking shape and functionality.
They are all the typical shape, oval, not racetrack.

Except this one bastige corny lid: the bail brackets are about 1/3 as wide and strong as the others, and as such, it doesn't adjust at all-it just flaps loose. Even with nice bale feet. This requires manually holding the lid up to try to start the seal with CO2. Other than the flailing bale, it is fine. But, dayem... :(
It's like the Model T of Corny Lids.

It is stamped 'corco', like the others.

How common is this?

The Odd Lid.
Corny_s_006.jpg

The Typical Lid.
Corny_s_007.jpg

Bofe 'Em.
Corny_s_005.jpg

looks like a factory fix, I have quit a few kegs and none of them look like that. My worst keg the one that does not quit seal is used for cleaner for my keg lines and such maybe you could use yours for something like that. Sorry I'm no real help.

I have one where the strap has partially broken loose. It kind of hangs in the air over the lid. However, it does seal just fine. I need to use a c-clamp and some JB Weld on it, I guess.

I had one that would not seal that looked like that. I just put two O rings on it. It works great now.

Haven't seen that problem, but it's obvious from your pictures that the straps have heaved and I suspect would bend again even if you tapped them down.

Back