Michigan Brewery (MBC) Now Has Vodka And Gin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
I've tried both, and I prefer the vodka, but the gin is actually pretty good-I just don't do a lot of gin. Bottled under the name Michigan Distillery, I even helped make the vodka, and I'd put it with any premium vodka out there. By the shot in the pub, I'm told, and $32 a bottle for either one.

I highly recommend trying it when you stop in for supplies at Things Beer, or when you just come by for a brew or 4 in the Pub.

The Harvest Ale, a dry-hopped nutbrown, won't be out until Jan., I'm told, and the Superior Stout should be seeing the annual near-doubling of the recipe (from 5% to 8%) about then, too.

My wife and I just stopped there on our way home after visiting my parents. We had a nice lunch and sampled 6 very nice beers (I'd have tried more, but I had 7 hrs of driving yet to do). Then while I was picking out stuff to buy at Things Beer my wife was tasting the vodka and gin. We came home with two bottles of each the vodka and the gin. I haven't tried the vodka yet, but the gin is very junipery.

The woman working at Things Beer said the vodka was from corn and red wheat, and they either had just or soon were going to be making a potato version - all Michigan products.

Back