Show us your cider in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atek

Reaction score
I'll go first.

Plum cider and apple/peach cider.
All hand juiced with a kitchen aid type juicer.... Never doing that again....

image-2553249507.jpg

image-2749928105.jpg

The first one is the start of my cranberry-apple one gallon batch. The second is of the same cider, finished. Turned out good.
My Carmel apple is in a blue container, so no good picture there....

image-1472592581.jpg

image-3090674357.jpg

5 gallon batch 50% Burgundy, 30% Newtown Pippin, 20% Paula Red. Hand picked and self pressed. Juicing can suck but having control over the blend is everything. Fermenting at around ~60 right now.

2012-09-05 20.30.49.jpg

5 gallon batch 50% Burgundy, 30% Newtown Pippin, 20% Paula Red. Hand piked and self pressed. Juicing can suck but having control over the blend is everything. Fermenting at around ~60 right now.

Nice improvised temp control system you got there

Day 2. Simplicity. Just 5 gallons of store bought juice, a pound or so of Domino, and a pitch of S-04. Will back sweeten with a frozen concentrate, stabilize with Potassium Sorbate, and keg it up! Shoulda started it 6 weeks ago. Kicked the last keg in a matter of weeks.

image-1326455612.jpg

Greetings! Thought i'd show ny cider. It is on day two, 5 gallons of fresh local cider, Lalvin EC-1118 yeast, 1 cup of dark sugar and 3 cups of white sugar, Sailor Jerry Rum in the air lock.

It has a nice krautsen on top, and a wonderful aroma. Air lock is bubbling every 5 sec. Temp is around 69. Didn't check sg, will wait till it stops popping.

ForumRunner_20120916_175650.jpg

Bottled this one today. It's a cherry pomegranate cider.
image-836706721.jpg

Put this one together after bottling the one above. This one I'm going to dry hop with cascade or willamette.
image-3785833307.jpg

This one I'm going to dry hop with cascade or willamette.

it's none of my business, but have you had a cascade cider before? i tried one once, two sips and right down the drain with it. absolutely disgusting. that said, there are no absolutes in this business. so- carry on! but if you haven't tried it before, i would hop a small bit first just to make sure...

dinnerstick said:
it's none of my business, but have you had a cascade cider before? i tried one once, two sips and right down the drain with it. absolutely disgusting. that said, there are no absolutes in this business. so- carry on! but if you haven't tried it before, i would hop a small bit first just to make sure...

I have not. I searched here about dry hopping cider and the majority of what I've found was to use a low alpha hop with good aroma. Is it something specific about cascade hops or is is dry hopping cider in general for you?

for me hops and apples simply don't work together. i say cascade specifically because of the above mentioned highly memorable experience of a cascade cider. actually it was cascade late hopped graff. but some people apparently love hops in cider; i don't know who's nuts, them or me. probably a bit of both

My pear cider, Mangrove Jack kit with added preservative free pear halves in juice, extra 1/2 kilo of brew sugar, some yeast nutrient not to mention having a crack using the krausen collar (after the airlock set up had a slow leak at the tap). The brew started bubbling within hours before I had to change vessel. First cider ever, first brew of any kind in 6 years...

image-2713656769.jpg

Dry cider champagne on the left 6 Gal, Cran Ras Cider in the middle (Not cran juice mix) 5 Gal, Semi-sweet cyser on the right 6.5 Gal

This was from last year, I wait until the first frost to get my cider, ups the OG by quite a bit, by November it's like candy.

DSC_0133_251.jpg

558615_10151220811739245_1589902491_n.jpg

Cider on the left, mead on the right.

Cider is a blend of apples I picked and juiced (Cortland, Jonathan, Spigold, Fuju, Crab.) My first attempt at cider- hopefully it's tasty.

There's a lot of sediment/pulp that has settled out. At some point I'll have to rack off that stuff and add a lot more juice to top it off.

View attachment 76299

Pulled a sample of cider with Trappist Ale yeast last night

I'm sorry :cross: something about this pic makes me think urine sample hahaha I think it's the cup it's in, I was in health care for eight or nine years in geriatric nursing I couldn't drink apple juice for years :). Haha anyhow please don't take offense! My cider made with unfiltered apple juice looked exactly the same :tank:

Peruvian said:
My 2011 cider made with fresh cider I pressed and Lavlin EC-1118. It's very dry. This year I'm going to try Graff.

Here's my home made scratter (from an In-Sink-Erator)

and press

Epic first post. Let me show you to the DIY forum :mug:

Thanks for the kind words hunter and bbomber. I love DIY projects and this was an easy one. I've been pressing cider for about 4 years and make 20-25 gallons per year. About 10 gallons make it to the fermenter. The rest remains as juice.

image-3178687775.jpg

Enjoying some now. Strawberry apple. At first I wasn't to impressed with the additions of the berries, now a month or so later I'm glad I did👍

My latest creation. A sparkling peach flavored apple cider. Not much peach flavor but a very smooth tasting cider. I like it!

image-1021480380.jpg

Apple and berry cider. Apple and pear juice 14.4L plus apple and blackcurrant 4.8L juice plus apple and forest fruits juice 3L. 1.25 kg of dextrose, 450 g of maltodextrin, EC1118 yeast & nutrient...
OG - 1070

image-2949213243.jpg

After 2 days...

Cider before, during and now :)
Gonna brew a stout this wx and another batch of Upstate Mike Caramel Apple Cider!

cider before.jpg

cider waiting.jpg

cider done.jpg

Latest posts

Back