Soda regulator question: technical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redalert

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a technical question about a coke C02 dual regulator for a soda installation (bag in box). This is the regulator:
coke%20regulator.jpg

Are there any differences in the regulators despite the color and the larger "out" connector on the red regulator? I read both stickers on the regulators themselves. The grey regulator has a max psi rating of 65psig which I assume is for the soda syrup while the red regulator has a max psi of 105 psig which I assume is for the carbonator. Now let's say I hook them up backwards and put the syrup to the 105 psig (red) regulator and vice versa what will happen? Will the 65 max psig regulator just let in pressure to 65 Psig then stop or back purge or will it go above? Can anyone tell me if there's an actual difference in the regulators? Is it safe to operate the 65 psig regulator with pressure exceeding 100 psig? Also can anyone tell me what purpose these 2 screws serve?
coke%20regulator2.jpg
Thanks.

I really have no idea on that one. Hey, open up the paper in the picture and see if it helps out! ;) It doesn't appear that there are any check valves on them so don't hook them up backwards.

Also can anyone tell me what purpose these 2 screws serve?
I'm guessing they're for pressure relief. When you turn the pressure gauge down, it probably bleeds off pressure there to the new setting.

Back