First time bringing beer to a party!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM

Reaction score
So after many, many batches, I finally brought a corny keg of my homebrew to a party and it was a huge success. I made EdWort's Kolsch recipe and got lots and lots of compliments.

And this wasn't just any party - this was a big hunters' bash where all the hosts hunting buddies cook up their catch for the year and prepare everything beautifully - venison sauerbraten, homemade sausage, bacon wrapped duck, mallard, phesant, more venison, etc. It was awesome. I don't have a freezer full of game, but I do have a ton of beer!

Anyway, here's my keg next to a snake keg from one of our awesome local breweries. Yes, that's my MLT it's in.

image-3657416363.jpg

My FIRST batch of beer I took a bunch of bottles to my Ex-gf's graduation from college party. Her family and friends really liked it. NB's American Wheat Extract...

It was daring on my part, but It turned out great and was way better than the Labatt Blue everyone here drinks :)

brought about 6 cases to a friends bday party, they all got drank pretty quick.

2013-02-23_20-43-02_222_zpse7d07bac.jpg

this was at the beginning, by the time i left, there must have been upwards of 250 people, and no more beer lol

Damn, I wish I had more hunter friends.

I founded a brewclub, our 2nd meeting we had lots of beer, probably not a fantastic idea when doing a triple decocted Bock. But man, homebrews are awesome!

Badass dude, congrats. I think if you brew an accessible style you will really be stunned at the amount of people who will totally dig your beer.

I did a tasting for my Kickstarter backers for my nanobrewery a couple weeks ago. We had my Belgian single and ESB, and a bunch of venison with black lager mustard sauce. It kicked ass so hard, one of the most fun parties I've been to in a while.

Latest posts

Back