DIY beer coasters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musikguru6

Reaction score
So I've got a small collection of those cardboard beer coasters from various bars. I'd like to use them as everyday coasters, but don't want them ruined either. Any recommendations for making them a little more permanent? My thought was to cover them in some spray lacquer...what do you guys think?

Maybe some self adhesive laminate? There's a kind that's made just for photos so I'm sure it would be fine for coasters

if you cover them in something that protects them then they will no longer be coasters as the point of a coaster is to absorb water and anything you put on them is going to make them not absorb water

I used to work for a floor covering place and I used to make coasters for my inlaws pub out of carpet scraps. They worked very well and when they got nasty we would just toss them out as I always could make more. They also make a great mini Disc Golf disc, get a little druck and start wizzing them at buddies:D

Back