Apricot Essence

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaniatron

Reaction score
I had recently bottled my honey apricot wheat ale. I used some apricot essence in the bottling bucket before bottling. It has been a little time now and I have tried one beer so far it has carbonated nicely. I was just wondering if the essence will tame down a bit over time? I think if I had a chance to redo the whole process I would skip this step and just stick with the two pounds apricot I added to secondary. It does add aroma but an interesting taste to my beer. In the end I got what I wanted a franziskaner with some apricot. I cant complain the abv is quite high when using the honey which is nice. I suppose brewing is all trial and error. I will have to find some quality essence next time stuff at brew shop is almost medicinal.

It will mellow, but it takes a while. Give it a good 6-8 extra weeks of conditioning time at room temp in the bottles and the extract apricot flavor will mellow nicely.

Latest posts

Back