Any ideas on how to use this steam table as brewstand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

podangus

Reaction score
cart.jpg

I have this SS steam table, the cart is very sturdy. Each of the holes in the top that accept the chafing dishes are 12"x20" and 7" deep.
I am thinking of some 2 tier setup with HLT and MLT on the table and BK down below.

I am a real noob, I have brewed a few batches with a 5 gallon round cooler with braid as MLT, a crab pot as BK and I heat strike and sparge water on the stove in stock pots. I have made an IC with 20 feet of 3/8 copper. I kept things really basic to see if I liked the beer I brewed before improving my setup. Now my brother and father want we to ramp up to 10 gallon batches so they can have some homebrew too.

I do have two keggles (nothing fancy just one coupler with 1/2 ball valves, no thermometer or sight tubes). I would think I should get a march pump. I also have a 15amp 110v GFCI outlet on the patio where I will be brewing.

I guess the question is, when you see the steam table, does any particular setup come to mind? I am not the most imaginative guy around but I know there are many of you here that are.

Thanks,
sean

·Is it gas? Modify the top to accept one of your Keggles over the burner, use a march pump to move heated water to a big cooler(or something) for HLT, pump from your MLT back to the keggle on the burner to boil.
·Build a cover for it to set your kegs on, run some copper coil down into the steam trays and have a HUGE HERMS system.
· Sell it on Ebay as davebl suggested. That should pay for your elements/burners/march pump, whatever else you need.

-OCD

Cut out that middle partition between the two holes, jump in and ride it down the nearest hill!

It is electric 240v 12A. I do like some of those ideas OCD, thanks.
I'll think about it some more, maybe it is best to sell it and think of something else. I am pretty limited on tools and know-how to build my own.

Ideally I'd like to use a natural gas setup out on the back patio. My house only has 100A service so I think all electric is out. Maybe a NG converted hurricane burner for the BK is best.

If I can't make one myself, where do people buy brewstands?
I saw a three tier one on the Blichmann Engineering website, but I'll guess that is out of my price range.

Anyway, if there are any more ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Thanks,
Sean

Fill one chafing dish with sausage & hot dogs, the other one with corn on the cob and have a big party with your brew.

Sausages and corn, great idea samc, I like it. I need some kind of setup to get going on the making of the brew though. I like the Pol's setup, though not sure I need Herms.
Thanks,
sean

Back