Larger bottle caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylit

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can purchase a larger then normal bottle cap. Like the ones that cover a corked bottle? Thanks for the help.

Most LHBS's and online guys sell them. look for 29mm caps. like HERE from Austin Homebrew.

In case you don't know, you also need a 29mm bell for your capper...the standard one is built to do 26mm caps, and won't work for the larger caps. You need to get the right one for your capper, but HERE is an example.

jpoder is right. you would also need a larger bottler capper.

i suggest you just buy corks at the homebrew store and cork the bottles.

Dogphish said:
jpoder is right. you would also need a larger bottler capper.

i suggest you just buy corks at the homebrew store and cork the bottles.

Unless you already have a corker, this would be much more expensive than just buying a 29mm bell and the larger caps. To the OP, make sure you're not using the Belgian style bottles that are corked and caged. They cannot accept a cap due to the bulge at the top of the bottle neck. I'm assuming you're using 750ml bottles like those from The Bruery.

Unless you already have a corker, this would be much more expensive than just buying a 29mm bell and the larger caps. To the OP, make sure you're not using the Belgian style bottles that are corked and caged. They cannot accept a cap due to the bulge at the top of the bottle neck. I'm assuming you're using 750ml bottles like those from The Bruery.

And if you buy the cheaper lever corker it can be a pain in the ass to get the corks to fit in nice and pretty. A bunch of my corked bottles suffer from mushroom top syndrome.

Back