Confused on when to bottle. My 1st batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would really ptich a beer because you can't detect the alcohol in it? I always found those beers to be the best ones because they sneak up on you. Think twice before you orphan a beer and if you need to I'll give your beer a foster home.

Hell I made a messed up patch that came out to 2.6%ABV and didn't toss it. Why? Because it still has flavor; more flavor than most macro brewed American light pilsners these days. I drink these "near beers" when I am on-call and need to keep my senses intact. Is it my favorite beer, Hell no. But, it is beer and beer I made nonetheless. With that being said, this is your beer and if you choose to dump it because it didn't meet your expectations, then that is your right. But keep in mind that we all make beers that dont come out as we expected. Some for the better some for worse but the majority still enjoy what we make and take pride in it and still enjoy a beer even if it faulters short of our expectations.

Cheers! :mug:

Curious as to why? (Other than pipeline management issues, i.e. you may want to bottle while you have another batch in primary fermentation.)

I have two buckets that both double as primary fermenters and bottling buckets...seems to work great for me, I'm running a batch through the cycle every week or two.

The spigot on a bottling bucket is a very easy place to get air/infection from. Especially if you get a pressure buildup and the force moves the spigot.

Or so I've heard. Personally I'm in love with glass carboys. Using a plastic bucket would remove some of the awesome for me. Like to watch my beer work :mug:

All is looking pretty good. I had a couple myself and I really like them. and I believe I can notice some alcohol also. A friend and a couple of family members have also given it thumbs up. I'll bring it to my two experts, one who's a very experienced home brewer and get their input this weekend.

That's the real test.

I was so expecting a first batch failure, I guess i was looking for trouble.

Cheers,

Back