Vendor and part number for Asco Valve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simphoto02

WoodyBlue
Reaction score
Looking to find a pair of Asco valves for my Brutus 9 1/2.

No need for Stainless version, brass will do. Running propane Low Pressure and 120 v AC.

Little advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Looking to find a pair of Asco valves for my Brutus 9 1/2.

No need for Stainless version, brass will do. Running propane Low Pressure and 120 v AC.

Little advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would go for the Honeywell Y8610U Intermittent Pilot Gas Control Valve. I think its a bit safer than just using an Asco Valve.

User Manual for Y8610U

I trust ANYBODY who has Black Dogs!!

Where do I find this valve and how is it safer? How will it connect to the rest of the system, i.e. the love controllers, etc...

Thanks

So at almost 300.00 PER burner...

That alone is gonna make it difficult to go with. Can the electronic controller run BOTH burners? and Both Pilots?

Here is a link to the Honeywell dual low pressure valve HONEYWELL VR8345M 4302 GAS VALVE DUAL AUTOMATIC OEM - eBay (item 380131539818 end time Aug-14-09 18:06:56 PDT). When used with a Honewell 8610U ignition module it handles both pilot and main gas flow in one unit. Ignition modules are always paired with control valves as they only ignite and sense one pilot. If you wanted to go with high pressure then the STC brand solenoid valves are more reasonably priced than the Asco valves. Pilot burners and LP orifices can be found at various HVAC supply stores online, if you need additional part numbers PM me and I will help you with numbers and sources.

Here is a link to the Honeywell dual low pressure valve HONEYWELL VR8345M 4302 GAS VALVE DUAL AUTOMATIC OEM - eBay (item 380131539818 end time Aug-14-09 18:06:56 PDT). When used with a Honewell 8610U ignition module it handles both pilot and main gas flow in one unit. Ignition modules are always paired with control valves as they only ignite and sense one pilot. If you wanted to go with high pressure then the STC brand solenoid valves are more reasonably priced than the Asco valves. Pilot burners and LP orifices can be found at various HVAC supply stores online, if you need additional part numbers PM me and I will help you with numbers and sources.

I am really getting confused here PLEASE detail this stuff for me.

You can buy Y8610U Kits for $160 each on Ebay: Y8610U6006 HONEYWELL GAS IGNITION CONVERSION KIT Y8610U - eBay (item 140333870631 end time Aug-16-09 09:03:57 PDT). An Auber Instruments PID will run you $45.00. A RTD sensor will run you $30.00 and a 24 VAC Transformer will run $5.00. You don't need to control the temperature of your Boil Kettle and you don't want to direct heat your MLT to prevent scortching so all you need if one valve. The total if my math is right is $240.00 total.

I REALLY like your math. can you show me the implementation of this set-up? I am a photographer and I need to see it and then i can understand it.

Thanks

Back