subscribe to a thread how?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewed505

Reaction score
how do you subscribe to a thread? and why would you need to? ive seen others say im subscribed in other threads just curious thanks

there are several drop downs in the light brown banner above the thread (right above the #1 in this case). Under "Thread Tools", there is a "Subscribe To This Thread" option. It's convienent if you want to see the replies - you will get an email, or you can select "my replie" and it will shopw you threads you have replied to

strange, I have the opposite problem. Everytime I post I'm subscribed to the thread. then its sent to my email...

There are a couple of ways to subscribe to a thread;

When you reply to a message you have 'subscribed' to that thread and you will receive email updates* when another reply has been posted to that thread, (* this may depend on your user profile setup).

Also, on the menu bar click on 'Thread Tools' and then click on 'Subscribe to this thread'.

I subscribe to threads that are of interest to me and I want to follow to learn more about. As an example someone posted asking what was a good price for ball-lock kegs and since I was in the market for that, I subscribed to that thread...

strange, I have the opposite problem. Everytime I post I'm subscribed to the thread. then its sent to my email...

You could always change it in your profile preferences ;). I have it set to automatically subscribe, but do so silently. I don't need 1k emails per day to let me know someone posted in a thread I happened to post to once!

You could always change it in your profile preferences ;). I have it set to automatically subscribe, but do so silently. I don't need 1k emails per day to let me know someone posted in a thread I happened to post to once!

changing it now. thanks

You can also set up folders for separate topics - I currently have 20 separate folders for different subjects to make it easy to find a thread I'm interested in. So when I subscribe to a thread, I select the folder I want to put it in, such as "Kegging", "Fermentation", "Water", etc. Then when I want to look up something in a thread I've subscribed to, I don't have to scroll through all of my subscribed threads to find the one I'm looking for.

You can also set up folders for separate topics - I currently have 20 separate folders for different subjects to make it easy to find a thread I'm interested in. So when I subscribe to a thread, I select the folder I want to put it in, such as "Kegging", "Fermentation", "Water", etc. Then when I want to look up something in a thread I've subscribed to, I don't have to scroll through all of my subscribed threads to find the one I'm looking for.

this is a good idea, how do you set up these folders?

When i click "my replies" is shows all the threads I have posted in, is there a way to remove some of them?

Latest posts

Back