Tallgrass Ale Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarwoodBrewer

Reaction score
Local Midwest microbrew. Great brew! Looking for a Tallgrass Ale clone? Any help would be great. It is a brown nutty flavor-very smooth. Below is from their website:

ALE
(ABV 4.4%, 22 IBU)
Tallgrass Ale is the flagship beer of Tallgrass Brewing Company, and we think it will be your new favorite beer! Truly a craft beer, the recipe was first brewed by Jeff as a 10-gallon batch of homebrew. Of all his homebrew recipes, Jeff chose Tallgrass Ale as the flagship beer because of the beer’s surprising light body, extraordinarily smooth and balanced profile, great taste, and clean finish. The first time Jeff brewed Tallgrass Ale he thought it looked a little too dark, but after he kegged that first batch, the finished beer was really, really tasty! That first little 10-gallon batch of Tallgrass was gone way too fast!

The beer was different from anything he or his friends could find on tap or on the shelf. It was a beer that was a deep chestnut color, yet had a great flavor and was so light tasting that it kept you wanting more. The distinctive look and taste of Tallgrass Ale comes from our unique blend of German, English, and American-style malts and a generous helping of both American and traditional English hops. These ingredients, our English brewer’s yeast, and the Flint Hills’ excellent brewing water gives Tallgrass Ale a distinctive, toffee-highlighted taste and smooth profile that is always drinkable.

www.tallgrassbeer.com

You may try hitting them up and asking for the recipe. Jeff is a friend-of-a-friend. I've met him several times and he's a cool guy. He started just like us, as a homebrewer. He may be willing to help you out.

You may try hitting them up and asking for the recipe. Jeff is a friend-of-a-friend. I've met him several times and he's a cool guy. He started just like us, as a homebrewer. He may be willing to help you out.

You were right! I just posted another thread with the half the recipe. He gave me all except base malts. Since you've had the beer could you guess the malts? This is a great beer......I hope I can figure out the rest.

Latest posts

Back