Look out, Miller Lite is now triple hopped.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stand miller light, I have to drink it at sub-40 degrees F temp, any warmer and it starts having the taste of piss. Piss of a person that has been drinking coors light all night

Man being the hophead that I am, I can't wait to try this Miller Light stuff! Triple hops huh? What is it an IPA? DIPA?:rolleyes:

I think the the term "triple hopped" means they use 3 hop cones per barrel

Nah. They tie a string around one hop cone and just give it three dunks in the kettle.

Having a little knowledge about beer goes a long long way in seeing through the ridiculous advertising.

Triple hops brewed
Oxygen absorbing twist off caps
Vortex bottles
Aluminum pint sized bottles

Oh...and my favorite from Old Style not Miller: Authentically krausened.

A rep at a restaurant recently told me that Modelo is "slow malted" amongst other meaningless marketing phrases. I thought "oh yeah, well my beer is quadruple hopped."

She also made a point to claim it was owned by Constellation Brands, because everyone knows conglomerates make the best brew, right?

Having a little knowledge about beer goes a long long way in seeing through the ridiculous advertising.

Triple hops brewed
Oxygen absorbing twist off caps
Vortex bottles
Aluminum pint sized bottles

Oh...and my favorite from Old Style not Miller: Authentically krausened.

What's wrong with being krausened? :confused: I krausen my hefeweizens.

this reminds me of a coors comercial about them suposidly "cold brewing" all their beer so it makes it taste colder when you get it! no joke. the comercial stated the beer was cold brewed with cold rocky mountain water so that it was ALWAYS cold. wtf.

miller: we just recently decided to kinda almost do what you normaly should do to beer.
sales rep: really were making almost beer now?
miller: hell no, its still sanitized urinal water, but its better urinal watter
sales rep: we will make millions!

You guys obviously haven't poured one out of their revolutionary vortex bottles. It really releases the triple hops.

What annoys the heck out of me is the, "Would you like a light beer with more flavor or less flavor?".

How you manage to get less flavor in a beer than miller light is quite a feat.

Maybe they mean would you like more piss flavor or less piss flavor....

They need to have the decency to make good ads again.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyRvpR4XhK4&NR=1&feature=fvwp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyRvpR4XhK4&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/ame]

I like the mountains that change color when it is too cold to taste what little flavor there is.

Or is that one of their identical twins?

Proof that the hopstravagangza fad needs to run it's course. Then hop headed beers can go back to being one option, rather than dominating 85% of the liquor store shelves were I live.

In smaller towns the fads rule. Ten IPAs to every Porter or Stout. No English/Irish/Scottish outside of Bass or Guinness.

Miller feels your pain hopheads.:D

Everyone read the below. Glad to get the bottom of it, but wondering how their hop additions add body and foam!

So it really is triple hopped:

Thank you for contacting MillerCoors. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Miller Lite is the light beer for drinkers who don’t want to compromise on great taste when choosing a light beer. Miller Lite is Triple Hops Brewed™ for great pilsner taste, which means the hops are added at three separate times in the brewing process, instead of all at once. The first step delivers FLAVOR -- a crisp pilsner flavor and aroma. The second step creates BALANCE – providing just the right amount of body. The third step LOCKS IN the great pilsner taste by producing a better foam head. This unique and proprietary brewing process is how Miller Lite delivers its longstanding promise of Great Taste…Less Filling.

We hope that this information is helpful and appreciate your business!

Sincerely,

MillerCoors Consumer Affairs Department
Ref: Case#N20682324
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I was wondering what was meant by tripel hops brewed.

Does this mean there are three varities of hops in the beer? Or that there are three hop additions in the beer? Or something else?

I wish your website had more information about the beer itself.

Thanks

Everyone read the below. Glad to get the bottom of it, but wondering how their hop additions add body and foam!

Thank you for contacting MillerCoors. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Miller Lite is the light beer for drinkers who don’t want to compromise on great taste when choosing a light beer. Miller Lite is Triple Hops Brewed™ for great pilsner taste, which means the hops are added at three separate times in the brewing process, instead of all at once. The first step delivers FLAVOR -- a crisp pilsner flavor and aroma. The second step creates BALANCE – providing just the right amount of body. The third step LOCKS IN the great pilsner taste by producing a better foam head. This unique and proprietary brewing process is how Miller Lite delivers its longstanding promise of Great Taste…Less Filling.

Sincerely,

Hi,

Does this mean there are three varities of hops in the beer? Or that there are three hop additions in the beer? Or something else?

Thanks

does finishing hops actually help head retention?

Sincerely,

Hi,

Thanks

Wow. That is email greatness.

Interesting. I was under the impression that Miller didn't actually use hop pellets or cones but instead used a a hop extract called Tetra Hop. Note the mention of increased head retention.
There is a way to skunk-proof beer, and it is used by the Miller Brewing Company. Instead of using hop flowers to bitter their beers, they use a special hop extract called tetra-hop. The isomerized alpha-acids in this product have a slightly different molecular structure than naturally isomerized alpha-acids, and are immune to the effects of light. This extract has the added benefit of greatly increasing the foam retention of a beer.

Tetra-hop extract is only used for bittering; it has no aroma. If one brews with any hop constituent other than tetra-hop, the beer will no longer be light-proof, so any beer with hop aroma is subject to skunking. Hop aroma is not desired by Miller’s marketing department, but clear glass bottles are, so tetra-hop works nicely for them.

From the article on Skunking, by Professor Beer

In the TV commercial they explicity state that they add hops 3 times in the brewing process rather than just once.

I'm going to brew a beer and add hops 600 times. 1/2 of a pellet every 6 seconds. Man that would be awesome :rolleyes:

Then call out dogfishhead, 60 minute IPA. Thats how they make it. Sam used a vibrating toy hockey table on the first batch so as to continously add hops

I think the email needs to be replied to, questioning exactly how hops adds body and head retention

"The first step delivers FLAVOR -- a crisp pilsner flavor and aroma. The second step creates BALANCE – providing just the right amount of body. The third step LOCKS IN the great pilsner taste by producing a better foam head."

Hang on, dont we know this to be total bs? can they legally state that as fact?

"The first step delivers FLAVOR -- a crisp pilsner flavor and aroma. The second step creates BALANCE – providing just the right amount of body. The third step LOCKS IN the great pilsner taste by producing a better foam head."

You didn't know hops contribute to body and lock in the flavor by creating head? :ban:

The PR department clearly does not consider that there people out here that understand thing one about the brewing process.

The guy on the audio is reading script that is so full of crap. When I heard it the first time I felt as if was getting conned.

It makes me want to punch the smug mother-fletcher in the mouth!

Back