Keggle too big for burner - advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rorichmond

Reaction score
Hello there fellow brewers!

I currently use a Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker and a 10 gallon pot to make my 5 gallon batches. I recently had the top cut out of a keg to use as a keggle. This allows me to make 10 gallon batches. Everything was going along well until I sat the keggle on top of the burner - and found that the keg has a larger diameter than the burner stand.

Any ideas? I thought possibly a grate off of a charcoal grill...

Thanks,

Rob in TN

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your suggestions. I may pick up a 2' x 2' sheet of the flattened steel. better safe than sorry.

Hello there fellow brewers!

I currently use a Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker and a 10 gallon pot to make my 5 gallon batches. I recently had the top cut out of a keg to use as a keggle. This allows me to make 10 gallon batches. Everything was going along well until I sat the keggle on top of the burner - and found that the keg has a larger diameter than the burner stand.

Any ideas? I thought possibly a grate off of a charcoal grill...

Thanks,

Rob in TN

A BBQ grill works great for me! Heavy duty metal, and no signs of bending at all. I think it was like $12 at Lowe's. Here's a pic of it in action:

DSCF0008.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a little off topic, but how well does the SP10 work, I just picked up 2 for $30 each. How quickly can I expect them to boil 10-12 gallons?

Back