Holy crap! Bottle bomb!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

othevad

Reaction score
My first bottle bomb.
Wasted and falling asleep in my man cave.
slapped on the arm with a pop by an exploding maibock bottle that I bottled at the end of Feb. Never had one, scared the crap out of me!

My first bottle bomb.
Wasted and falling asleep in my man cave.
slapped on the arm with a pop by an exploding maibock bottle that I bottled at the end of Feb. Never had one, scared the crap out of me!

Where any of the other bottles over carbing and threatening to blow? Might be time to move them to a rubbermaid tub. Have an protective gear and saftey glasses?

No pic. I picked it up sloppily in my drunken stupor =)
The funny thing is, none of the beers are over-carbed at all.
I'm wondering if it was a bottle that I filled at the end that may have had a touch of extra head room or something.
Hopefully no more of them *_*

No pic. I picked it up sloppily in my drunken stupor =)
The funny thing is, none of the beers are over-carbed at all.
I'm wondering if it was a bottle that I filled at the end that may have had a touch of extra head room or something.
Hopefully no more of them *_*

If it was just a single bottle it could be a random infection or a failure in the bottle itself.

I've had a random bottle blow up with no other casualties. I have heard people say to look at the caps and see if they are bulging? Give it a try...

Back