Armoire Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, thanks for the info. I hadn't thought about cutting down some rope lights.

The coffin for my taps is not as wide as yours (mine's 15" for 4 taps) and I've been looking at this site and the waterproof LEDs:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/rgb-bars-and-strips/high-power-rgb-led-weatherproof-flexible-light-strips--wfls-rgb/1472/

And yea, if you get the 19.5", a 24V power supply, and the RGB remote changer you'd be looking at ~ $38. A bit spendy for lights and I'm still worried about condensation and shorting out everything. But, if you ever change it out and get something working I'd be interested in seeing how that works out.

Things I still may do include,

Finding a better way to lift the lid. I had purchased some gas lifts that upon further inspection won't work, because I don't have enough clearance on the sides of the lid. The gas lifts hit the lowest shelf of the armoire....anybody have any other/better suggestions? The damn thing is really heavy and one day I will probably crush a finger.

Is there room for anything where you would like the strut to be? You could fabricate an extension with a skinnier end for the strut. Then remote mount the strut lower.

Or, Is there room for any sort of cable to a counterweight or spring?

Is there room for anything where you would like the strut to be? You could fabricate an extension with a skinnier end for the strut. Then remote mount the strut lower.

Or, Is there room for any sort of cable to a counterweight or spring?

So you got me thinking about it a little more. There isn't really any space for some sort of counterweight or spring on a cable. The freezer backs up pretty tight to the back of the armoire support braces.

So I went back to the gas strut idea. I had left space for them, so I thought, but apparently not enough. it's really close, just it wont work with the brackets that I have. I went back to the internet and found different brackets that have a ball attachment that faces opposite of the ones I currently have.
http://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/ef-ball-stud-joint-10mm-3-8-2-hole-mount-l-bracket-black/

hopefully it works...

Here's some pictures.

1412703490429.jpg

1412703584785.jpg

This has to be hands down the best keezer design I have ever seen
You've inspired me to steal this idea
I am doing a garage keezer now that will be able to roll out to yard for parties and to use as storage and cold crash germ chamber etc
But I want one of these for the house now
Thanks

I have the perfect place in my house for such a beauty, but not the time nor money to tackle it yet. Other house projects have priority. However, once those are taken care of, this will be at the top of the to-do list.

Thanks for taking the time to share your project and provide the level of detail you did. I always forget to take "before" pictures of my projects, much less record the progress. I'll have to work on that.

Cheers!

I'm trying to talk the misses into letting me do a larger version of this but incorporating a sink into it
I have a small counter with cabinets and wet bar in family room and it might work out great there

Yeah this is fantastic. Love seeing stuff like this ...gives me inspiration for other projects. I also appreciate a perfectionist that takes the time in all the little details..worth it imo

Thanks for the complements. You guys are welcome to improve on my design efforts. Now if there is some way to start turning these into a money making business.

Latest posts

Back