Recipe suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonesmalone

Reaction score
I want a really complex tasting stout with vanilla, chocolate, and bourbon notes. Im shooting for 7-9% alcohol (before the bourbon). Heres what I got so far (its based off my friends simple recipe except with more specialty grains)

3 lbs liquid dark extract
4 lbs 2 row
1 lb munich malt
1 lb flaked oats
8 oz victory malt
8 oz chocolate malt
8 oz crystal 60L
8 oz crystal 120 L
4 oz carapils
4 oz special B
8 oz roasted barley
8 oz brown sugar

1oz nugget hops 60 mins

add 2 halved vanilla beans, 8 oz chocolate powder, and 5 oz bourbon soaked sumatra very coarsely ground coffee beans to secondary.

wyeast irish ale

i would rather have it sweeter and more flavorful than bitter but this is just a first draft on beertools so i need your help.

thanks!

Wow, that's quite the recipe. Seems rather complex... but in a good way. You're going to get a wiiiiide spectrum of flavors. Only thing I'd do (if you're not mashing.... or are you? mini-mash?) is take out the 2-row. That needs to be mashed

Just go for it and send me a few bottles. That has a bit of everything in it. I just hope it doesn't have too many notes that it drowns out everything.

Good luck!

yea thats what i was worrying about.

its a lot more balanced than my original recipe.

Back