lack of yeast maybe???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homiestbrew

Reaction score
Hey! Fellow homebrewers. I had a temporary brain fart when adding yeast to the wort. Instead of using my funnel to pour yeast into carboy I tried to pour it just from a soup bowl. Of course only about half made it and the rest ran down the carboy. I did have active fermentation but after one full day and a couple of hours it is now quiet. Wort is still warm and was wondering if I should try to add more yeast to it this weekend, (homebrew store is 20 miles away and I get off work too late) or go with what I have and consider the yeast has ran its' course. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank You!

I was thinking that also but the more I thought about it the more I started to queston my thinking. When you do an all grain brew a guy has alot invested into into it like, "time"! Don't want to screw it up.:confused: I guess I won't worry about the quick fermentation then. Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated.:mug:

Back