Airlock action in Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkewedBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My weissen has spent one week in primary, where fermentation was very slow, possibly stopped. It has been about 5 days in the secondary now and there is still some action in the airlock, it isn't much, maybe 4 bubbles a day. Is this normal? Because I've been noticing that wheats do not need to spend much time in the secondary. If I bottle after a week (in about 2 days) in secondary you guys think it'll be cool? The only reason I'm questioning my own judgement is because I haven't experienced hardly any action in the secondary in any of my previous batches...

Seems fine: I rarely experience much airlock activity in the secondary. By the time you rack, fermentation is almost completely over.

I almost always get that type of extremely slow bubbling in my secondary. You'll be fine to bottle.

As a guess, maybe the yeast is slowly working its way through some of the more complex sugars etc. present in small amounts.

Latest posts

Back