Three Wheat Wit - advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DD2000GT

Reaction score
I found a recipe for Three Wheat Wit in my last issue of Brew magizine - and since I was planning on doing a Wit next anyway figured I would try it out - the recipe looked good. My only concern with the recipe is the measly amount of corriander and orange peel additions - only .25 oz. each in the last minute of the boil. Will this small amount really be detectable in the final product?

I was initially thinking of adding an ounce each, but if it is that strong I may back that off.

Also - can you add these to the fermentor as well? If so - what is the best time?

Oh - one more - do you crush the corriander seed or put it in whole? The recipe does not state.

Thanks,
Dan

Coriander should be coarsely crushed.

The recipe may call for a very gentle spicing to get an effect like Blanche de Bruxelles. A "standard" amount of spicing for a Wit is about 3/4 oz each of orange peel and coriander.

Don't boil the spices you want to just steep them at the end of the boil before chilling.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back