• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SEATTLE - 10 gallon corny kegs and more for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not being rude, I know there are some sensitive members here. What are the advantages of a 10 gallon keg compared to two 5 gallon. I can get 4-5 five gallon kegs for 175.

For me the advantage is not for serving but for fermenting. I bottle, and brew enough for at least three cases. So when I have 7.5-9 gal these are perfect. Plus if I ever want to use them to serve I just transfer out of primary into one of my other two (if not occupied), and carb it up. I'll be using them for my graduation party this May which I will likely brew all the beer for. I'll have two kegs on and a cask likely.

Anyhow I love these for fermenting. And at $150 local pick up that'd not a bad price.

smokinghole said:
For me the advantage is not for serving but for fermenting. I bottle, and brew enough for at least three cases. So when I have 7.5-9 gal these are perfect. Plus if I ever want to use them to serve I just transfer out of primary into one of my other two (if not occupied), and carb it up. I'll be using them for my graduation party this May which I will likely brew all the beer for. I'll have two kegs on and a cask likely.

Anyhow I love these for fermenting. And at $150 local pick up that'd not a bad price.

Ok, I can see that. And after your fermentation you can push beer out w/co2, avoiding all contact with o2.

Back