2nd Batch Completed Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
I cooked up my 2nd brew this morning which was an extract kit that was of much better quality than the 1st brew. Our local shop sells organic kits so I brewed a Red Ale. I have a nice gas stove, circa 1959 and it can put out a lot of heat so boiling 4.5 gallons went very well. I was pretty happy about the whole thing. The only thing I will do better next time is cooling. I put the pot in the sink with ice and it did get the temp down to around 100 within 20 minutes but after that I ran out of ice so it took longer to reach 75. Next time I will have 2 loads of ice which should work. I tasted pretty good so It am hoping for a better result because the 1st batch tasted a bit weak. Thanks for listening

Sounds like your making good progress. We all learn and improve our technique as we brew, no matter how many brews you make there is always something to learn and improve on.

Latest posts

Back