How long for tapped kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckrogers71

Reaction score
I am heading out to the beer store this week to get a 1/6 of Victory Moonglow and a 1/6 of Victory Lager. I havent beer drinking a lot of beer as of late. Literally takes me a couple of months to get through 2 1/6's.

So I ask, how long can I keep these bad boys chilled and on CO2 before they get funky? The MOonglow is what I really worry about as they are 75 per:(

Any replies would be great!

Thanks

If they're on CO2? I'd say at least a month. I've had a 1/6 on chilled on CO2 in my kegerator for 3 weeks and it was fine.

EDIT: From what I read, unpasteurized beer 45-60 days, pasteurized beer 90-120 days.

as stated, CO2 dispensing won't oxidize the beer, so it'll stay fresh a while.

if you use a hand pump, you're oxidizing the beer with each pump, and it'll taste stale within a week or so.

no mine would be in my kegerator on CO2. After my last 2 1/6th's they seemed to taste a little off towards the end. maybe it was over 2 mos. i'd have to check my calendar

Back