Have anyone convert Home Depot Magic Chef 5.8 CU. FT. to kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miwim

Reaction score
I want to convert one of this since it will fit under the bar in my basement and just drill straight up onto the counter. [URL="http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100597197"]Link[/URL] I search and does get result that it is not popular because it only go down to 41 but it is cold enough for me and it match the rest of my appliance. If anyone have convert it, please post if you have any tip on what to do and what to avoid.

Thank in advance.

I have that same fridge and I use it to store my kegs. It goes down to 39° but if you keep opening the door, it'll only maintain 42°. I was going to convert it but I've since decided on doing a keezer instead.

This isn't mine, but here's someone that converted it.
DSC01621.jpg

original post

Another Magic Chef conversion.

I have that same fridge and I use it to store my kegs. It goes down to 39° but if you keep opening the door, it'll only maintain 42°. I was going to convert it but I've since decided on doing a keezer instead.

This isn't mine, but here's someone that converted it.
DSC01621.jpg

original post

Another Magic Chef conversion.

The above picture is my conversion. One thing to keep in mind there are two wires that run along the top of the fridge. One controls the electronic temp controller and the other controls the light. If you drill straight through you'll cut both wires. I had to carefully cut a hole on the inside to find the wires and carefully drill the hole on the top (top is metal by the way) to miss the wires.

I love the fridge. The stainless steel and the glass look great. My temp stays around 39-42 constantly. If you want your beer any colder than that you should only drink BMC.

If you have questions PM me.

Latest posts

Back