Easy weldless/solderless bulkhead for Coleman 48 qt rectangular cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeasu

Reaction score
Hey all,

Cracked my mash tun cooler, and rebuilding a bulkhead. I have a copper pipe manifold which already fits this cooler, just want to come up with a decent bulkhead which doesn't require soldering or welding. Can anyone give me some guidance for a simple parts list? Ideally, supplied from the local Home Depot. My manifold output is 9/16 OD, and need to pass through about
1 3/4" of cooler wall. Would prefer to have the washers on the cooler wall rather than cutting through the insulation.

Thanks!

-Mike

Finding the thread is hard on my phone, but there is a thread on HBT by Bobby M called leak free bulkhead design or something very similar. Should be really easy to adapt to your existing manifold with a hose barb and a short length of silicone tubing

I'd use a threaded brass nipple of appropriate length.
4b82ac16-f62e-4715-bfcd-d60599a161fa_400.jpg

A threaded coupling outside the cooler.
a4dc3b11-99bd-45f8-b859-23e3b638a9a4_400.jpg

A threaded SharkBite connector on the inside for the manifold.
6893a5fc-ed26-4243-9de5-15ce8fb11c92_400.jpg

SharkBite release tool
c8f0afdd-8870-4202-93fd-a6a57b513d8f_400.jpg

'da Kid

Just start kegging.
Wait...
No seriously, if I'm understanding you properly, get a weldless bulkhead with hose barb fitting from bobby m @ brewhardware.com
Connect your manifold to bulkhead with a short piece of Silicon hose. Now it's easy to remove for dumping/cleaning/whatever. And those his bulkhead designs are great and a pleasure to do business with.

Latest posts

Back