DIY Back Splash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillc

Reaction score
I want to put a stainless steel back splash and drip tray on my stand up fridge kegerator. Problem is, they are expensive! So, I am going the DIY route.

First piece: 12"x24" brushed T304 Stainless Steel sheet. 26 Gauge. $17.08
Back Splash

Next, I need to wander around Home Depot or Lowes to find the drip tray. There were a couple posts on the site about items people found that should work. I just have to search for them.

One guy use a floor Vent.
I just bought this one and it's awesome.
Barproducts.com Search for Drip Tray. 14 inch SS. $14.95!

I was posting about that one at the same time you where! I think that may be a winner based on size and price.

I have to decide whether to get the 12" back splash and mount the taps above it, or the 24" and mount them through it... Decisions, decisions...

I use a wood smoker box. Only problem is the sides of the box where the folds come together are not welded. I end up with small leaks if too much drips into the tray. I just give it a quick wipe every day.

I use a wood smoker box. Only problem is the sides of the box where the folds come together are not welded. I end up with small leaks if too much drips into the tray. I just give it a quick wipe every day.

Hmm. Maybe a dab of clear silicone will fix that? Thick modelers super glue may do the trick also if you can't get at the crack from the inside.

Try clear caulk on the inside to seal it and noone will see it from the outside.

a local metal scrap yard will most likely have some gauge stainless for like $1.50 a pound. go green, recycle.

A shamwow or the Sorbee works great too. And when not in use as a drip tray, you can dry your car, loan it to a diver, etc...

Back