How's your pipeline looking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontman

Reaction score
I LOVE havin me a full pipeline!!! I've got 17 minikegs and 8 full cases that have aged at minimum 4 weeks. I've got one batch per week coming to maturity over the next four weeks. Plus all 5 of my primaries are full.

I never even sample a possible green beer any more. When in doubt I wait it out.

I am curious what you all feel you need to have in production to never have to dip into the green stuff.

How much drinkable.
How much in bottle / keg aging.
How much in fermenters.

I have 1 kegged, 4 needing to be bottled, and 1 empty fermenter. Everything thats in the fermenters now has been a minimum of 3 weeks. I have most of 2 batches left, and like 15 bottles of a third left, all prime for drinking.

congratulations sir! no green beer for you! me on the other hand, is a little behind. I had a good pipeline going but then started to dabble with mead and apfelwein; and they take too long!

So, I've got ingredients for 3 batches - a Moose Drool clone, a hoppy amber, and a pale that I'm gonna come up with a name for soon; so I'll be in the pipeline again!

I have 48 that have been in bottles for around 14 days
54 that have been in bottles for around 7 days.

One that has been in the primary for 10 days (need to rack)
one mead thats been in the secondary for around 3 weeks.

Plus one batch on the shelf
5 gallons of cider waiting to try EdWorts recipe
and 5 cans of pumpkin that are waiting for me to figure out what I want to do with it.

Since taking full control of fermentation temps with a chest freezer and controller, I find my beer stops being "green" a lot sooner.

My pipeline has gotten very low, after my work schedule curtailed my brewing activities quite a bit. Plus, I took a few kegs to some parties and homebrew club events which put me further behind. Thankfully I've done some brewing lately...so I've got two full kegs in the kegerator, another cold conditioning, 10 gallons fermenting, and about three cases of bottled stout and Old Speckled Hen. (Orfy's recipe.) Oh, and plenty of apfelwein...two full 3 gallon kegs, another 3 gallons bottled and five more fermenting. (I got a separate pipeline for apfelwein. :D)

Once I get my keggle finished, I'll start doing some 10 gallon batches, and really get that pipeline full.

How's my pipeline looking?
Hey, that's between me and my doctor thank you!

...actually, I've been pimping my kettle and rigging up a new chiller over the past couple weeks so my brewing has taken a back seat. Fortunately, I am cracking into several higher ABV holiday beers that I have ready for this time of year. I have some time to burn so I might take a couple days off this week or the next to brew a few more batches.

Five kegs ready to drink.
Five kegs conditioning.
Two kegs doing some long term conditioning (999 barleywines)
Four Better Bottles fermenting away.
One Carboy lagering.

Love the Holidays :mug:

I never even sample a possible green beer any more.

Sampling green beer is a GOOD thing - drinking is different but if you don't sample you don't learn. Quality over quantity!

I fell a week behind this week after a hole in the pipeline was fixed. Brewed 5 weeks in a row but logistics with Thanksgiving overwhelmed me.

About 2 cases ready to drink (holiday spice and ESB).
Both fermentors going (one ready to bottle tomorrow).

I got behind in my brewing due to my son being sick, then my wife got sick, that was of course followed by me being sick, and after all that I got laid off. So until I land a new job I got nothing to brew when my fermentors are empty :mad:

(3) 5 gallon batches in extended aging
2 in primary
3 in secondary
2 in the kegerator
5 bottled

and I'm brewing 2 more on Friday :D :drunk:

2 kegs drinking, 2 kegs conditioning, 4 kegs just sitting there waiting to be filled. An IPA and an American Brown Ale in secondary, a Wit thats been ready to keg for a couple weeks just haven't found the time. A light lager in primary that needs to go into secondary as soon as I can move some beer and get an empty carboy free. And a sack full of Pilsner 2-row that I was going to brew this weekend just didn't get around to it.

Well. Kind of new at this. Only started in late September. Brewing a lot but still can't keep up.

Finished a brown ale in 4 days while my son was home for Thanksgiving. We had two parties.

Brown ale empty. need to clean.
IPA almost empty.
Pale ale less than half full.
Apfelwein about half full.

Blue Moon clone Crash Chilling after 3 weeks in fermenter
Fat tire clone - about two weeks in fermenter
Cascade Orange Pale Ale - 5 days in fermenter
Brown Ale - 1 day in fermenter

Would like to brew the Wounded Knee IPA again this week.

I figure we will go through more than normal in December with my son home and all the holiday stuff.

I just kicked my ESB - and by kicked I mean "pulled the last two pints into a growler so I could make space in the fridge" :)

Kegs in the fridge are:

Apricot Wheat (fabulous AHS recipe)
Oktoberfest Lager
Apfelwein
Coffee malt stout (just put in to carb last night)

Waiting to go in the fridge is a keg of Honey Brown.

Recipes waiting in the ingredient fridge:

Ruddles County clone (ESB)
Oaked Porter

-Joe

I have a system to keep my pipeline full.

Tuesday- Brew beer
Wednesday- Rack to secondary (last weeks)
Thursday- Keg (brewed 2 weeks ago)

This all sounded like a good idea to me when I thought of it, but real life gets in the way. And if you are brewing a big beer like a IIPA it throws the system all off.

So since that did not work out I try to make something every week.

On those weeks that I am lazy I make cider from concentrate. All you need is like 30 minutes and some yeast.

3 kegs (one almost gone and one is not very good.), about 75 bottles, and 2 batches fermenting

My biggest problem now and it is not a big problem at all is that I should only brew a certain amount to keep up with demand. To explain, I only drink 2 maybe 3 12 oz per day. Figure 18 bottles per week. This means a batch lasts 3 weeks. I want to brew every weekend.

What this comes down to is that there is so much beer to brew and so little time and space.

My wife says either the beer or her has got to go. . . I'll miss her.

I have around 1.5 gallon of Blue Moon clone left, 5 gallons of Newcastle clone thats been bottled last week and one beer in primary. As soon as I get 2 new kits I will brew something else.

My pipeline looks like this:

[img=http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6572/n56797631611932399197jb5.th.jpg]

From left to right:

Carboy 1: I've got a Belgian Tripel that had 3.5 weeks in the primary and so far 2 on the secondary... I'm going to give that at LEAST another month...

Carboy 2: AHB Double Chocolate Stout - 10 days in primary and still fermenting away.

Carboy 3: Dogfishhead 60 clone... first beer I HAD to use a blowoff on or it would have exploded. That thing is violent right now.

Carboy 4: Dark English Ale on secondary right now just chillaxin.

Carboy 5 (Not pictured) - Dutch Lager out in the garage at 50 degrees, bubblin away.

Bottled 1: Bock (12 pack left)
Bottled 2: Cranberry Ale (18 pack left)
Bottled 3: Grand Cru (8 22's left)
Bottled 4: Holiday Saison (green - will be ready the week of Xmas)
Bottled 5: Stout - Only 2 left!!!

(3) 5 gallon batches in extended aging
2 in primary
3 in secondary
2 in the kegerator
5 bottled

and I'm brewing 2 more on Friday :D :drunk:

You suck.:D

I have 52 bottles of a Christmas brew aging nicely. Sampled one after 22 days in the bottle the other night and far and away my best effort.

Other than that, assorted stragglers from when I had time to brew. Enough to keep me in stock through the end of the month, though, so I guess that counts for something.:(

My beer pipeline has been pretty decent and now my meads are starting to catch up.
Currently I have in Primary:
Roggenbier
Oatmeal Stout
Traditional desert mead
traditional dry mead

Secondary:
09-09-09 Barleywine
Black Raspberry mead
Cyser
pumpkin pie mead

I have in the bottle significant amounts of my last 3 batches of beer and a variety of other beers up to 18months old.
My first 5gal mead batches are becoming drinkable and I still have a couple bottles of my earlier small mead batches.

For the amount I drink that is a pretty good pipeline. :D

Craig

Pipeline's looking pretty good actually but I need to buy more kegs, otherwise, I'd have to bottle.

4 kegs tapped
red ale in primary, getting ready to be kegged.
Cream of 3 Crops is in the fermenter.
getting ready to brew a saison.

Pipeline is full.
25+ cases of various beers bottled. Also, close to 20 gallons of apfelwein.

10 cases of the beer are new -- 5 batches bottled in the month of November. Just this weekend I sneaked a sample of the first of those batches, a Honey Amber Ale. This one won't last long.
The other 15+ cases of beer are anywhere from 1 to 10 months old.
The Apfelwein is all at least 2 months old; a lot of it is close to 6 months.

Serving 1 keg of Nut Brown and 1 keg of APA. Have 1 case of Pumpkin ale left and about half a case of Raspberry Hefe. I have Christmas ale and Apfelwien ready to keg but nothing in primary. Hopefully that will change this weekend.

Latest posts

Back