This class....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in grad school I went to class drunk once. I thought it would make a very boring experience better. It just made it worse.

I have taken a few of my proffs out for pitchers after tough exams before. I figured if they were going to do that to me, I might as well get to know them:D

One of my greatest friends in the world used to be one of my profs. He became a friend just as how you describe, went out for beers one night after class. Lets just say that it started to become a habit and we ended up drinking a lot that semester. He was cool though, in our case he kept our class and private lives seperate. I got an A that semester, but I earned it.

As for tonight, going druck did make the class a lot more enjoyable. Too bad I can do it every week!

It's a good thing you weren't in my wife's class. She'd haul you up front for some kind of demo. If you are real lucky it's the class where she talks about knowing where your food comes from and has volunteers debone a chicken.

My wife's favorite is the students who come in for advising and they say that morning classes don't fit into their schedule, and the student either has alcohol (or something else) on their breath or hasn't bothered to wash the bar stamps off the back of their hands - this would be on a Tues or Wed. afternoon.

pjj2ba said:
It's a good thing you weren't in my wife's class. She'd haul you up front for some kind of demo. If you are real lucky it's the class where she talks about knowing where your food comes from and has volunteers debone a chicken.

My wife's favorite is the students who come in for advising and they say that morning classes don't fit into their schedule, and the student either has alcohol (or something else) on their breath or hasn't bothered to wash the bar stamps off the back of their hands - this would be on a Tues or Wed. afternoon.

I KNOW I have used that one before...

i barely remember my classes after working 3rd shift and then hitting a bottle before class taking a 44oz rum-n-coke to math class:rockin:

This is my last week of class, and I'm done with everything except one term paper. There will be a lot of going to class drunk, high, or not at all.

beta pleated sheet said:
This is my last week of class, and I'm done with everything except one term paper. There will be a lot of going to class drunk, high, or not at all.

If I wasnt in finals, I would be right there with you:D

When I was a senior in college, I still had to take a Physics class, and it was mostly sophomores. At that point, I didn't really care too much anymore, so I took 4 beers in to the final. 20 minutes in, I cracked the first can open. Finished all 4 during the final. I got some strange looks, but it was pretty classic.

Professor Frink said:
When I was a senior in college, I still had to take a Physics class, and it was mostly sophomores. At that point, I didn't really care too much anymore, so I took 4 beers in to the final. 20 minutes in, I cracked the first can open. Finished all 4 during the final. I got some strange looks, but it was pretty classic.

I had planned to take a flask to my last final before I graduated, but the week before the school paper published something about some dude getting busted for walking across campus with a beer (which Is perfectly OK durrring football games, but apparently no other time... go figgure, lets not piss off the alum that donate money, but who cares about the students paying tuition.....)

Needless to say, I did not get to fulfil my dream,,,,,:mad:

Went to speech class last year hammered. Couple weeks later had a big speech to give at 8am on a Friday and on Thursday afternoon I still had half a fifth of 190. Didn't make the speech- in fact, didn't wake up till 3pm Friday. Got smarter since then- get all my work done before I go drinking. Kyle

Yeah I have decided after last night that this class is a lot better after a few at the bar. Thank god only two more classes till the final. Then I am done with that one. 14 semesters down, 8 to go.

It's fun going to random classes pissed... You may learn something you may not...

It's even more fun to bring random friends into your classes pissed... They get to learn that what you study needs a beer or two... :)

Stew!Brew! said:
Having a few beers before my public speaking class always gave my speeches a bit more pizazz.

This is the only way I can do public speaking. There is a reason I work with computers, I dont really do well with people. In fact this was the case this past Tuesday, our group had our presentation, well lets just say I was feeling good....

I am done with my sociology class, I am done with the term paper for that class, and I never have to think about that bull**** or my bitchy passive aggressive professor EVER ****ING AGAIN!

I have a few shots of bacardi before class, it made it more tolerable. Then after class my buddies and I smoked some weed. Also, I realized that I don't have nearly as much left to do with my one unfinished term paper as I thought. Life is great!

Back